Alanna is our Senior Physiotherapist working across all our clinic, at Woongarrah, Woy Woy and Saratoga. She was welcomed to the Physio For You team in early 2018. She graduated from the University of Sydney in 2013 with a Bachelor of Health Science’s and Masters in Physiotherapy in 2015.
Alanna recently represented Physio For You in India in December 2019, where she presented at the international conference for sports management. She ran workshops at 3 universities, where she shared theoretical and practical knowledge on sports taping and Pilates rehab.
Qualifications and Affiliations
- Certified Vestibular physiotherapist.
- “Vestibular Dysfunction & Management Clinical Competency Course”, administer by Vestibular Education Australia
- Accredited Pilates Instructor,
- Graduating with a Polestar Pilates degree in 2015.
- Level 1 and 2 dry needling
- Member of Australian Physiotherapist Association (APA), Musculoskeletal group
- Registered Health Services Provider with WorkCover, Medicare, Department of Veteran’s Affairs, 3rd Party Insurers & all major Health Funds
Alanna’s main passion is treating vestibular conditions. Common vestibular conditions that Alanna frequently assesses and treats include;
- Vertigo and balance dysfunction
- Meniere’s Disease rehab management
- Vestibular hypofunction
- Post trauma vertigo or dizziness symptoms
- Headache or Migraine
- Head injuries
Alanna also has experience in treating many other conditions additional to her vestibular speciality, these including;
- Musculoskeletal complaints
- Chronic pain management
- Exercise prescription and rehabilitation
- Neurological conditions
- Post-operative management
Alanna has enjoyed every minute working with the Physio For You team.
“I love how holistic the clinic has become. Everything you need in terms of physiotherapy medical management is here. Our team is bright and bubbly, and I love how we all work as a team to make sure our patients are getting the most professional and specialised treatment they need. It makes me proud to work for a team that receives positive feedback from clients time and time again. We hear that they enjoy the atmosphere, and are appreciative that they are given the most up to date and specialised care for their condition. That’s what I love about being a physio. Helping people and seeing that I’ve made a difference”.